Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Uncut Truth

Today I thought work would never end. Forget about June 21st being the longest day of the year; today was the longest day. If I could have seen into the future; I would have taken today as a personal day and just stayed in bed. All day it felt like time was advancing at a slower pace than usual. I felt restless and just plain worthless all day. I attempted to cover it up by being my usual self, but I struggled to do that.

I received an award today that I feel I did not deserve, but that is the norm for where I work. There is only one person that should have received an award for his alertness and attention to detail, but this is an all to common event that plagues our workplace. The good people where I work are never recognized for their extra efforts. I feel if they were recognized more; morale would higher. Instead liars and snitches are awarded for kissing ass and circumventing the system. If we had stronger leadership at the top the this crap would not be happening. I like most of the people I work with, but some of them are just a waste of sperm that would have served us better as a stain on the sheets or a secret ingredient in a protein shake (they know who they are!!). To everyone else, the hard workers and the non complainers, I appreciate your efforts day in and day out. Thank you for allowing me to have fun and be the person I am.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too true, too true. If all the whiners would put as much effort into work as they do pissing and moaning, things would be better by leaps and bounds. The bad thing is, when people bitch about how bad things are, as soon as somebody tries to make improvements, those people are the ones who shoot it down, and say that it's a waste of time, or it will never work. Then they complain about how low morale is. I hate slackers.

Did we get any word on softball?

8:22 PM  
Blogger Scotty Ice said...

No, thank you for being there for all of us.

Scott

11:02 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

You the man.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Website Counters