Thursday, February 22, 2007

THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE INFAMOUS CMR: THE INTRODUCTION TO A POOR BLACK CHILD OF THE GHETTO

As far back as I can recall my life has been a hard life to live. I was born in May 1978 to an unwed mother of one. My Mother was only nineteen years old when she gave birth to, her first son, me. My Mother is a light skinned pretty black woman with the temperament of a Brahma Bull. Her light pigmentation was passed down from her Father who is of Puerto Rican descent. My mother had a lot of odds against her before I was born or even conceived, but she still strived for acceptance from white and black people. She was looked upon negatively by some of her peers because of her skin color and she was treated differently by White people when they found out she was black. So far you can probably tell by now why she was a mean and aggressive woman.

I was born on an unseasonably hot day for late Pennsylvania spring. At just a little after 10:20 am I was removed from my Mother by means of a cesarian section. I was not even in the world five minutes and the controversy was already starting. The argument began by my grandmother was about my mother placing me up for adoption. I had just taken my first breath and I was already the center of attention for the wrong reason. Needless to say my Mother was upset by what my Grandmother was proposing to her, so I was not named immediately like other children that came before me. For a day or so I sat in the newborn nursery with the tag that read Baby Boy Roberts taped to the side of my crib.
My mother despite what my Grandmother proposed decided to keep me and my Aunt named me after a baby that was featured on a long running Gerber Baby Foods commercial.

When I was taken home from the hospital it was to the Infamous Franklin Terrace Housing Projects located on the lower east side (L.E.S.) near Lake Erie. I lived in the Terrace for the next 10 years and believed these were the most influential years of my life. I learned how to play sports, fight and take care of myself. I was exposed to so many different situations growing up in the Terrace that I believed I was ready for manhood by the time I moved. When most kids my age were watching cartoons I was in the street hanging with kids almost twice my age. I was learning different tricks of the game and being turned on to a world thugs, drug dealers and hustlers. I was part of the drug trade since my birth and I sat back and witnessed things only seen on television. That means most of the stuff I saw and heard was R-rated with a lot more to come.


To Be Continued………………………………………………..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the bio....looking forward to the rest of it....

The Iceman

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Website Counters